What To Know About Pet Boarding
There are a lot of things to consider when you're looking for pet boarding. You want to ensure that your pet is well taken care of and that the boarding facility is clean and safe. We have gathered some tips on finding the right pet boarding for your pet. At North Hills Animal Hospital in Sherwood, we understand that your pet is a part of your family. That's why we offer comprehensive pet boarding services.
What to Look for in a Pet Boarding Facility
When you board your pet, you're entrusting the care of your furry family member to someone else. That's why it's important to research and choose a boarding facility you can trust. Here are some things to look for when choosing a pet boarding facility:
- A clean and safe environment
- Experienced and caring staff
- A comfortable place for your pet to stay
- A variety of activities
- A price that fits your budget
How to Prepare Your Pet for Boarding
You will want to ensure that your pet is comfortable and relaxed when you leave it for boarding. Here are some tips on how to prepare your pet for boarding:
- Get your pet used to the idea of being away from home: A few weeks before you board your pet, start leaving it alone for short periods. This will help it get used to the idea of being away from you.
- Make sure your pet is up-to-date on vaccinations: All pets boarding at North Hills Animal Hospital must be up-to-date on their vaccinations. This is for the safety of all of the animals in our care so make sure you see your veterinarian first.
- Bring along any medications your pet is taking: If your pet is taking any medications, be sure to bring them along with you when you drop off your pet.
- Bring along a favorite toy or blanket: Bring along a favorite toy or blanket from home to help your pet feel comfortable and relaxed in their new surroundings.
- Have your pet microchipped: Microchipping your pet is a good idea in case they happen to escape from the boarding facility. This can also be done by a professional veterinarian.
You will also need to provide the boarding facility with your contact information.
Visit Our Facility in Sherwood, AR
When you're looking for pet boarding, it's important to find a facility that you can trust. At North Hills Animal Hospital in Sherwood, we offer all of these things and more. Call our team today at (501) 835-3577 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.